A Message from the PresidentLana Nayles
The Little Rock Chapter of The Links, Incorporated is the local affiliate of a National organization of approximately 14,000 women in 283 chapters located in 41 states, The District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. (http://www.linksinc.org). Our primary purposes are: To Promote and engage in educational, civic and intercultural activities in order to enrich the lives of members and the larger community, and the work towards achieving common goals.
The organization was founded on November 9, 1946 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Sarah Scott and Margaret Hawkins summoned their friends together and called upon them to link their friendship and resources to form a chain of strength in order to improve the quality of life and provide the hope for disadvantaged African American citizens. The organization was incorporated in 1951.
Our chapter members are extremely proud of the over sixty-year record of community service in the Little Rock area. As we move forward locked in a chain of Friendship and Service, we pledge to increase our efforts to improve the lives of children and families of color in our area. Our community programs are designed to be sustainable and have measurable impact on health, education and overall quality of live for underserved families. Every year we have worked tirelessly to increase our unwavering financial support to our local HBCUs. We have continued to increase annual scholarship dollars awarded to local high school female students yearly. Our Chapter pledges to honor our beloved organizers and charter members by doing all in our power to preserve the mission, integrity and legacy of The Little Rock Chapter of the Links, Incorporated.